Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day Nine

Kia kaha, Christchurch.
(Be Strong, Christchurch)

It has been a week since the last survivor has been found. I refuse to give up hope that someone else will be found alive. We need that kind of miracle.

Our nerves are shattered, aftershocks keep occuring, and everyone is sad. I went to Hornby Mall to pick up some groceries today, and everywhere I looked were sad people.

A setback to my way of living is that I seem to have sprained my shoulder. The other night I rolled over in bed, and thought to myself "ouch that hurt!", and never thought anything of it. Yesterday morning, I dug our entire garden and mowed the lawns...my shoulder ached. By the afternoon, my shoulder was excrutiatingly painful. I decided to ice it ip, lie on the couch and wait for Malcolm to come home to take me to afterhours (I thought maybe I had dislocated the shoulder the night before?). Thank goodness it is only sprained. But now I can't drive to have my showers and pick up supplies etc. Hanging out the washing with one arm was a mission this morning (I had to use my good arm to prop my bad arm up high enough to hold the clothes on line as I pegged it), and of course, dressing is difficult too. Tomorrow I have made an appointment at the hairdressers down the road, so I can have it washed! But, in the light of things happening around Christchurch...I am not complaining.

Here is a video of earthquake footage. I chose this, not for the content so much, but for the song. It is sung by Bruce Springsteen...I find it hard not to cry.

No comments: