Thursday, February 24, 2011

Portable toilet!

My folks are the best! A friend happened to be down in Waimate to get supplies for his family, so my parents gave him their portable loo to bring back to Christchurch. Brilliant! No more peeing into the loo and leaving it there (cannot flush the loo), and no more pooing into a bag!! Too much information??? Sorry.

A big thank you to my friends, Sarah and Greg, who live in Lincoln. Their water and sewage system is not affected...so I drove out there for a lovely shower and to do a load of washing. Thanks guys!Here is a picture of Christchurch just after the earthquake struck. The city centre is where all the dust and smoke is. To the right (out towards the sea) are the worst hit suburbs...they still don't have power or water, and the rumour is they won't for days, maybe weeks.

Apparently the roads south of Christchurch is very very very busy with loads of people fleeing the city...I don't blame them!

No comments: