Monday, March 14, 2011

Back to fitness for me!

Since things have begun to settle down after the earthquake, I have started going back to the gym in the mornings before school. An added bonus of this is that I can have a hot shower at the gym afterwards...we still do not have hot water at home!

The gym is really busy, as a lot of gyms in town have not opened due to damage or due to being inside the cordoned area.

So I am back on track to my goal of being a few kilo's lighter, and becoming more fit.

Yay!

On a sad note...I am so devastated to watch footage of the 8.9 earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Even with my own experience of being in a devastating earthquake, I cannot even begin to imagine the terror, panic and loss that people in Japan must be feeling right now. There is a certain amount of 'hopelessness' I feel when watching/reading about it. It is absolutely terrible. Now, to top everything off...it seems there is a real threat of a meltdown after several nuclear plants exploding and malfunctioning.

I am so relieved that NZ is nuclear free.

No comments: